free website stats program XM | Harley Davidson Forums

XM

wv2wheel

I just bought an 09 Ultra. I am having my Zumo mount installed before I pick it up. Does it make sense to buy the Harley Xm module to fully integrate it with the radio and intercom or just buy the Zumo module? I guess I could just plug the Zumo to the aux port and be done other than being able to use the cell phone bluetooth option right? Any advantages to Harley's XM module? The other part here is I would love to get the Zumo's cell phone pairing to allow me to answer calls by the intercom but that seems costly from any angle I have found on the net.

Phil
09 Ultra Black Pearl, stage 1 download bone stock otherwise, tour pack and saddlebag led brake lights...1 day old to me!

I have a Zumo 550 with the GXM antenna. I love it. I can transport the units back and forth from bike to truck. I have the GXM tucked in one of the windshield pouches.
kemo

I have a Zumo 550 with the GXM antenna. I love it. I can transport the units back and forth from bike to truck. I have the GXM tucked in one of the windshield pouches.
kemo

Yeah, nice idea to make it all portable. I hate the way Xm makes you pay per receiver. My truck has Xm in it already so I dont need to do that (I guess I could let that subscription lapse and use the Zumo but then I would need an aux in for the truck which is several hundred dollars)...do you know of any great advantage to buying the module for the HK radio vs using the Zumo?

thanks,
Phil

I cancelled my multi xm radio account and bought a lifetime subscription for 470 dollars. I got an MP3 modulator for $10 on eBay. Everything is good
kemo

Does the lifetime sub transfer if you get new a new xm unit? I assume it would just drop the old one off and add the new one...

The lifetime sub is for the original unless lost or stolen or destroyed. It cannot be transfered to a new unit just a replacement unit. Doesn't really make sense to me cause I think I might of lost the original if need be.
kemo

I haver been Using the Zumo and XM Featureof the Zumo for over a yearand here is how i Have it,,,,
2008 Ultra Black Pearl
Zumo mounted to Fairing with Ram Mount XM rec left out to transfer from vehicle to vehicle ( if i didn't have to worry about expenses would probly go with seperate xm in each vehicle but alas i have to budget) Now the part on using you cell phone with zumo is the zumo must be hooked into the intercom system of the bike (unless you have bluetoothe Helmets) this done easly withe a product from Kennedy Technologies you can look at their website but it is easier to go to CycleGadgets.com and ask or just order from them but call and talk with them about your applications takes the guess work out and they are great to deal with. I do use my cell phone the zumo picks up everything from ur phone address book and all . hope this helps good luck. by the the interface takes about 30 minutes to an hour simple instructions or if un Eureka springs trashing around they will do it.

Back