free website stats program XM Radio Antenna Placement | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

XM Radio Antenna Placement

I ride an '05RKC and I use a thin strip of metal with a right-angle bend at the top on which I mount the magnetic antenna. This metal strip mounts to the windshield with those little rubber section cups, usually on the top-right corner as my riding is done mostly in the Yukon and Alaska, which puts the XM satellite in the South-East. If I mount the antenna anywhere else on the windshield, I get blockage of the signal. So far it's worked OK.

I have mine in the fairing on top of the radio, put a little silicone under to make sure it wouldn't move. Works great. The antenna for the garmin 550 is like a hockey puck and a little to large for the handlebar

I finally mounted my XM antenna under the fairing, on top of the radio, and have had no problems so far. I use the Zumo 550 and the Garmin antenna.

I finally mounted my XM antenna under the fairing, on top of the radio, and have had no problems so far. I use the Zumo 550 and the Garmin antenna.

NICE!!! I'm getting ready to do mine in the same spot. I'm just waiting for my upgraded speakers to show up. Thanks for the info

Back