free website stats program XL1200 power additions under $1,000 | Harley Davidson Forums

XL1200 power additions under $1,000

I've got an '09 XL1200N, purchased bone stock 1 month ago. It was lacking in the acceleration dept. I added a V&H sideshots exhaust, SE stage 1 AC kit and SE race tuner. That helped very slightly, but not enough. As far as top speed, I'm not too concerned. 90-100 on a bike with no windshield is fast enough for now. But I would really like better throttle response and more speed out of the gate, any suggestions. Again, I'm trying to keep the next set of modifications around $1,000.

I'm no engine expert but I started this thread:

Honestly, I'm a Bit Disappointed With Stage I - Harley Davidson Community

Seems like the concensus is that after you've done a Stage I on your bike, the next logical step is to change the cams for more low end oomph. Not sure if your Nightster and my TC96 would work the same but there are plenty of folks here who've juiced up their Sporty's and I'm sure they'll chime in shortly.

I'm no engine expert but I started this thread:

Honestly, I'm a Bit Disappointed With Stage I - Harley Davidson Community

Seems like the concensus is that after you've done a Stage I on your bike, the next logical step is to change the cams for more low end oomph. Not sure if your Nightster and my TC96 would work the same but there are plenty of folks here who've juiced up their Sporty's and I'm sure they'll chime in shortly.

Thanks Doc that thread was helpful. It looks like I'm in the market for a good low end TQ cam for an '09 1200.

Hey knightster, I have a 2000 XL1200. My modifications were done when i bought my bike, I have crane cams and a S&S carb and there is a lot of power on the takeoff! Not sure how much it cost? Monty81

Back