XIED solution anyone???

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by ggadwa, Apr 14, 2009.

1. ggadwa

ggadwa Member

After thoroughly reading the Nightrider.com site about their XiED solution to the Remapping and Tuning dilema for those of us that have done AC and Exhaust mods to late model year Dynas.....I'm NOT exactly sure what the right move is...Since I can't really tell what the XiED does.....Seems like a simple solution to over-heating and detonation....Anyone with experience or who would care to comment on the XiED??? vs. Downloads, Remapping and etc....???

Gary

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. Slipstrm

Slipstrm Member

I have the XiED's, they are a great low cost option, they helped the heat on both my bikes.
    Later I installed a Fuelpak. I'm happy with the results.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Why would you install the fuel pack if the IED's worked for you?

Just curious.

5. Slipstrm

Slipstrm Member

The Fuelpak only affects the Open loop fuel mixture and the XiED's keep the Closed loop fuel mixture (AFR) at 13.2.

6. ranman469

ranman469 Member

???? what product helps with heat at idle?
    from what i can tell is that most tunners, tfi or pc only richen up the bike above idle? Would the xied be the best option for cooling at idle or stuck in traffic?

7. Slipstrm

Slipstrm Member

When I added the XiED's i could tell a pretty significant difference in temps on both my bikes.

8. MGhirlanda

MGhirlanda Member

I used XIED in my Sportster and i'll install in my FXST...

It's a very good item for a low price!

9. slimjim47

slimjim47 Member

Where's the idle adjustment on the TFI? I don't see how running the RPM's up to 2k and smoothing out the "sound" does anything to richen up the idle.

10. glider

glider Veteran Member

If you knew what you were speaking about you would understand this concept rather than posting negativity about everything you post.