free website stats program WWII planes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

WWII planes

I enjoyed seeing the the pics...Only been to one air show....Loved it....Went inside a old B52....That was cool....If I recall the gunner was very much out in the open....Thanks to all the air force men..

Great pics, I remember seeing some of these great planes as a kid at an air show:s

Glad ya'll enjoyed the pics.

I lived on Guam as a child '57 - '60, it was a B36 base, replaced by B47 Stratojets, I had not been that upclose to old WWII planes since, so is what quite a treat.

Great pix Gator. My Dad was a toolmaker in WWII and helped make all the jigs for the B-29 and B-25. My Mom worked in the plant that made the Gyros for the torpedoes. Thanks
Wow HD! What a contribution from your parents! God bless them both!

OK, these are great pics, now for you WWII plane buffs, the ride you want to plan is to Tillamook oregon, they have the Airplane Museum with lots of WWII and other type aircraft. they also have the Spruce Goose. Also, The Tillamook Cheese factory with free samples and the BEST ice cream ever. Beautiful riding area with PNW evergreen forests and pacific Ocean vistas along ol HWY 101.

http://www.tillamookair.com/

Last edited:
Ultra cool! Wouldn't you love to take a ride in one? Kinda like being invited to ride an 80 inch flathead Harley. Thanks for the photos.
Ish

The two best places I've found to view WW11 aircraft is the Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson in Dayton Ohio and The Smithsonian Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport in DC, both are great places to see these great aircraft.

Back