WWII planes

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by gator508, Feb 27, 2012.

1. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Since the riding weather hasn't been good, my wife and I have been doing other fun stuff like visiting this dispaly yesterday, ... so thought I'd share.

BTW, the P51 had landing problems, only one gear down at first, but managed to get both down before he ran out of fuel..wow!!!

BTW2, The Commemorative Air Force used to be the Confederate Air Force

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Where the pics???

3. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Here they are sorry, it's early still

Attached Files:

4. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

...and a few more

Attached Files:

5. Adamal47

Adamal47 Active Member

These are awesome. While the performance of today's air force second to none, the planes of yesteryear had so much more utilitarian artistic flair. If pic B293
    Could be Blown up I would frame it and put it on my wall. Good pics
    [​IMG]

6. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Great pix Gator. My Dad was a toolmaker in WWII and helped make all the jigs for the B-29 and B-25. My Mom worked in the plant that made the Gyros for the torpedoes. Thanks

7. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

If you have photoshop or Kodak you can copy into it and enlarge it. If not send me a pm with your email, I'll send you thr original.

8. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

2 summers ago I was able to witness the smaller type ones flying at a invitation only airport. The airport is located in a very well do to area of the state and is owned by a family. To see these planes take off and land and the owners of the planes, who now have someone fly the planes for them was truely amazing. It is one of the best displays of vintage anything I have ever saw.
    Thanks for sharing Gator

9. cromedome

cromedome Active Member

I any of you are going to be in the Va. Beach area, the Fighter Factory has a museum/airport just south of Va. Beach with a B17,B25,PBY,P51,P40,FG-1D Corsair,Skyraider,Spitfire,Hurricane,TBM,etc. etc. and it's open to the public free of charge, and they do a couple of airshows each summer.

Fighter Factory | Fighter Factory

10. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Great pics - thanks for sharing. Been around planes for close to 35yrs & still enjoy the annual Air Show @ our local base & SAC Museum right down the road. Impressive displays of power & finesse...never gets old.