free website stats program WWII planes | Harley Davidson Forums

WWII planes

gator508

Experienced Member
Since the riding weather hasn't been good, my wife and I have been doing other fun stuff like visiting this dispaly yesterday, ... so thought I'd share.

BTW, the P51 had landing problems, only one gear down at first, but managed to get both down before he ran out of fuel..wow!!!

BTW2, The Commemorative Air Force used to be the Confederate Air Force

Here they are sorry, it's early still

Attachments

• P51rs1.jpg
    P51rs1.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 43
  • P51rs3.jpg
    P51rs3.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 41
  • B293.jpg
    B293.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 47
  • B294.jpg
    B294.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 38
  • B295.jpg
    B295.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 37
...and a few more

Attachments

• B291.jpg
    B291.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 33
  • B292.jpg
    B292.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 34
  • B296.jpg
    B296.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 32
These are awesome. While the performance of today's air force second to none, the planes of yesteryear had so much more utilitarian artistic flair. If pic B293
Could be Blown up I would frame it and put it on my wall. Good pics
WAP.gif

Great pix Gator. My Dad was a toolmaker in WWII and helped make all the jigs for the B-29 and B-25. My Mom worked in the plant that made the Gyros for the torpedoes. Thanks

These are awesome. While the performance of today's air force second to none, the planes of yesteryear had so much more utilitarian artistic flair. If pic B293
Could be Blown up I would frame it and put it on my wall. Good pics
WAP.gif

If you have photoshop or Kodak you can copy into it and enlarge it. If not send me a pm with your email, I'll send you thr original.

2 summers ago I was able to witness the smaller type ones flying at a invitation only airport. The airport is located in a very well do to area of the state and is owned by a family. To see these planes take off and land and the owners of the planes, who now have someone fly the planes for them was truely amazing. It is one of the best displays of vintage anything I have ever saw.
Thanks for sharing Gator

I any of you are going to be in the Va. Beach area, the Fighter Factory has a museum/airport just south of Va. Beach with a B17,B25,PBY,P51,P40,FG-1D Corsair,Skyraider,Spitfire,Hurricane,TBM,etc. etc. and it's open to the public free of charge, and they do a couple of airshows each summer.

Fighter Factory | Fighter Factory

Great pics - thanks for sharing. Been around planes for close to 35yrs & still enjoy the annual Air Show @ our local base & SAC Museum right down the road. Impressive displays of power & finesse...never gets old.

Back