free website stats program Wrong vin number? | Harley Davidson Forums

Wrong vin number?

ealvarezv

Hi, new to the forums. I visited a sale for a 2003 Road King 100th anniversary and asked the current owner for the vin number to check records.

Looking on the web the vin number, it starts with 1HD1FVW123:

1) At Big Boyz Head Porting - Vin and Engine Number Analyzer the vin number shows a *FLHTI Electra Glide Standard model instead of a ROad King
2) At HD USA site, if I add the vin as a bike in my profile, it will also show a Electra Glide instead of a Road King..
3) At nicb.org in the section for "VINCheckSM Total Loss Record" it is listed as "VIN: 1HD1fvw123 has been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Salvage Records. Date of loss: 2008-06-01 Cause of loss: Fire"

What is this guy selling? I saw the bike and it's in pretty good shape (forgot to check the vin was correct at the moment), there seems to be no physical problem at first glance, I was able to ride it a couple of block and it seemed ok.

Is this something worth? I don't plan to resale the bike... what really troubles me is that the vin number shows another model... is this possible?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

If you believe that the VIN is wrong. I would run not walk away from that deal. Too many nice bikes for sale on CL and elsewhere to take the chance IMO.

According to my data, it's a FLHT with injection. '03 Road Kings were FWW.
I agree with Bodeen, don't buy a bike with questionable vin.

Don't walk away...RUN!!! You've got a scammer on your hands & thre are plenty of bikes available for sale.

Sounds like a salvage bike frame that was rebuilt. Personally I would forget that one. There are plenty of bikes out there. Good luck!

If the VIN is in Question, The frame and or motor are not correct RUN do not walk away from this one, you will end up with title issues insurance problems and if you ever get pulled over SAY good bye to that bike

I AGREE....

NO GO but Do GO to the nearest exit door.

Might be good for someone,,,, BUT Not you...:D

You already came a Notch above the Many others that would not check the vin and just buy it.:small3d002:

When you find another bike, you are Way ahead of the crowd as you will run it's vin also.

good on You.:bigsmiley12:

signed....BUBBIE

I'm a LEO in Florida. This bike will be a headache for you,stay away from it unless he can address the VIN issue. Salvage title?? etc..??

Back