free website stats program Wrong Breather Tubes | Harley Davidson Forums

Wrong Breather Tubes

Pops Limited

I added V & H power duals, monster ovals, fuel pak, and high flow air filter kit. While installing the air filter assembly I picked up the OEM breather tubes in place of the supplied shorted tubes and started screwing them in. They were too long and I did wrench them in most of the way before I realized I picked up the wrong tubes. Did I damage anything on the engine?
Thanks!

I added V & H power duals, monster ovals, fuel pak, and high flow air filter kit. While installing the air filter assembly I picked up the OEM breather tubes in place of the supplied shorted tubes and started screwing them in. They were too long and I did wrench them in most of the way before I realized I picked up the wrong tubes. Did I damage anything on the engine?
Thanks!

Probably not as long as they did not bottom out, it would be like running a tap in a hole, provided they are the same thread

If the air cleaner you're installing is an SE, the proper tubes will have the same thread as the OEM tubes so no harm done. Post how you like your set up after you get a chance to ride. I have the SE cleaner, Fuelpak and Klock Werks SS Slip Ons. LOVE IT!!

Back