free website stats program Wrecked my bike today | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wrecked my bike today

As always, thank you guys very much for the advice and help. I fully attribute my walking away from this mostly unscathed (with the exception of a really stiff shoulder knee and ankle) to a mixture of soft dirt, a good quality engine guard, an armored jacket, a good helmet and dumb luck. This accident has humbled me and without a doubt given me a new found respect for the bike, other traffic, and the need to practice emergency maneuvers.

P.S. I found a good sized ding in my helmet today. Without a doubt it saved me from a good sized ding in my head. Lord knows I don't need one of those. And judging by the fact that the deepest scratching on my jacket was on the armor pad on my right forearm, I was definately saved a bit of pain.

P.S. I found a good sized ding in my helmet today. Without a doubt it saved me from a good sized ding in my head. Lord knows I don't need one of those. And judging by the fact that the deepest scratching on my jacket was on the armor pad on my right forearm, I was definately saved a bit of pain.

Make sure you look at that ding carefully. It may be that you will need a new helmet.[/QUOTE]

No "may be" at all. If there's a noticeable ding in the helmet, it needs to be replaced, period. I know they're expensive but you've already stated how good a job it did protecting your noggin!

So happy you are ok and ready to ride again! Not sure how the insurance thing will work out for ya, but wish you the best! Too bad you were unable to get the plate number, and happy that you did have people stop and assist ya!! Take care!

Make sure you look at that ding carefully. It may be that you will need a new helmet.[/QUOTE]

That will need a new helmet for sure even if a helmet looks ok after an accident they should be replaced as the internals of the helmet are designed to rupture and fall apart so dissipating the energy from the shock

Brian

Glad to hear you and the bike survived with minimal damage. Obviously the offender doesn't have a conscious.

Back