free website stats program Wrecked my bike today | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wrecked my bike today

Glad to hear you were able to walk away from the crash. too bad you were not able to pin the guy that caused it. Check with your insurance like Jack mentioned, you might be surprised what they will cover at no cost to you.

Good to hear you are ok. I'm hoping the repairs will not be too extensive and you'll ride again soon. Best to you.
Ishmael

I'm glad your Ok Progressive is a great company. When I had my wreck, they were at the dealership the next day. when they finished the estimate, and it was totaled the day I got out of the hospital, I had a nice ck waiting for me 5 days later. I'm glad you had a Helmet on, even something minor can wind up very serious. Thank God your OK.

As always, thank you guys very much for the advice and help. I fully attribute my walking away from this mostly unscathed (with the exception of a really stiff shoulder knee and ankle) to a mixture of soft dirt, a good quality engine guard, an armored jacket, a good helmet and dumb luck. This accident has humbled me and without a doubt given me a new found respect for the bike, other traffic, and the need to practice emergency maneuvers.

P.S. I found a good sized ding in my helmet today. Without a doubt it saved me from a good sized ding in my head. Lord knows I don't need one of those. And judging by the fact that the deepest scratching on my jacket was on the armor pad on my right forearm, I was definately saved a bit of pain.

P.S. I found a good sized ding in my helmet today. Without a doubt it saved me from a good sized ding in my head. Lord knows I don't need one of those. And judging by the fact that the deepest scratching on my jacket was on the armor pad on my right forearm, I was definately saved a bit of pain.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you look at that ding carefully. It may be that you will need a new helmet.

"This accident has humbled me and without a doubt given me a new found respect for the bike, other traffic, and the need to practice emergency maneuvers."
The fact that you are able to pick up the pieces and get a second chance is a gift. Other's aren't/weren't so lucky. Really glad that you are alive and well. I know what you mean abut the "new found respect". It took a minor spill for me to realize just how vulnerable I am on the bike. My ankle was sore for months ( I'm older) before it had gotten better. The thought of a very serious accident, where both me and the bike are tumbling down the highway, forces me to pay attention to the road.

Too many driving without coverage so Higher cost to us.. IDIOTS on their cell/text phones...:newsmile055:

Would you believe our governor, (not a fan of him), in his infinite wisdom, vetoed a bill this past Friday that would make texting while driving illegal??? How many people have to be injured (or worse) in accidents before they make cell phones illegal while driving??? Do our elected officials have absolutely no common sense at all??? Wait...... don't answer that. I already know the answer. :newsmile08:

Let's not take this thread in a political direction. Politics and religious discussions are not allowed on the forum.

Back