free website stats program Wreck On The Way To Work This Morning | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wreck On The Way To Work This Morning

Since when does someone with a 270 deg view clip a car on a lane change. I don't buy it.

A few factors there: 1) this early in the riding season, the cages forget that we're out there on the road, and don't look for us
2) This early in the season, it often seems that a lot of people forget how to ride, and ride like morons forgetting that cars can't see them/aren't looking for them...

Happens all the time every spring it seems, 50% of the people on bikes out there aren't anything but a bunch of wreckless squirrels...

A few factors there: 1) this early in the riding season, the cages forget that we're out there on the road, and don't look for us
2) This early in the season, it often seems that a lot of people forget how to ride, and ride like morons forgetting that cars can't see them/aren't looking for them...

Happens all the time every spring it seems, 50% of the people on bikes out there aren't anything but a bunch of wreckless squirrels...

I have kind of a different take on your comment. I don’t think most drivers are ever looking for bikes or cars; they are simply not paying attention at all. Case in point just this morning the lady to my right signaled and started into my lane, I think my SE pipes got her attention before she got too far over. Too many drivers on cell phones etc……..It won’t be any better in July.

As far as motorcycle riders go, it seams to me there are two distinct classes of riders. Riders who strive to follow the traffic laws, practice their skills, and want to be safe, and those who treat the street like a race course. My observation is that most of those riders are on sport bikes. Frankly if they want to do wheelies down the freeway and weave in and out of traffic I just don’t care, nor do I have compassion for them when they screw up. Two years ago in my truck I almost took one off his bike when he pulled a really stupid move. I would not have shed a tear; it is the law of nature that stupid people should not be around to breed.

It's not just car drivers that hit bikes.

I had a day off last Wednesday and for most of the day heard news reports of a "Fiery crash that blocked the Bruce Highway for 5 hours"-you know the stuff....

Get to work 0600 on Thursday and read my emails.Turns out 2 bikes collided with one apparently making a 'U' turn from Northbound lanes to Southbound lanes and the other crossing the Southbound lanes from a side road with the intent of going north.BOTH guys were riding legally.They collided and both bikes caught fire;and both guys were killed in the collision.One left a young Wife and Family;the other left a long time Wife,Kids and Grandkids.He also worked for the same Electrical Entity-albeit 100 miles away-that i do.I had in fact met the guy once about 3-4 years ago doing storm work in his area.

So here we have 2 guys going to work-riding carefully and within the law- and killed in a low speed collision.And in such a relatively 'SIMPLE' way.
I certainly feel for their Families,friends and workmates.Who said life was fair---?

Back