free website stats program Wow!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wow!!

Glider after doing some more research I have come to find out that with this plug and play you have to tap into the o2 sensors how is that done, it looks like you have to have a socket with a slice in the side to get it out, mine is a 08 RK. thanks again.

You can generally bypass the sensors with resisters that plug into the bikes harness once they are disconnected from the 02 sensors and they stay that way.
Then another unit utilizes the 02 sensors depending on which way you want to go here. Order it either way.

Steve07 can you explain a little more in detail what you did with your 02 sensors, messing with the 02 sensors is the reason why I still have not bought the TFI

Glider can you explain in detail on what you did with the 02 sensors, and how are you supposed to get them out with out doing any damage. I have come to believe I can lift the tank and do the hook up under there,and then this sensor hook up got thrown in the mix and after looking at them I don't see how they come off easy or what to do there. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: EFI Tuner Comparisons

Here is where I am confused, if they are left in the head pipes where are they disconnected from, and did you use the resistors that Dobeck sends. I am not a mechanic I am trying to see if I can do this or not, I have found a local indy who is trying to talk me into going the other way with the dyno and every thing else you need for that.

Re: EFI Tuner Comparisons

did you use the plug in resistors that they send you or do you just unplug them and leave them undone

Chuck

The 02 sensors have a plug in the harness about 6" from the pipe end.

The instructions are very easy to comprehend. If you go to the Dobeck site and look up the unit for your bike, they have the installation instructions for that unit that you can read.

The Gen 3 is the newer push button unit, the TFI base unit is adjustable with a small screwdriver.

Go to the Dobeck site and look up the application for your bike and what unit you want whether it be push button setting or the type with the potentiometer settings . (screwdriver access)

May I suggest that if you want to get info on the unit, instead of posting questions in different areas of the forum to start a thread of your own and continue in that thread with the questions. It will be much easier to get answers and they will be all in one place for reference.

Just installed a TFI unit in my 2010 FXDC. Prior to the install, I had decel popping with my Rush slip-on's and XIED's. Easy install, and initially set to the recommended settings. Also added a Big Sucker and a smooth chrome AC cover. What a difference. Popping is gone, noticeable difference in low end torque, and responsiveness. Surging in the slower, stuck in traffic speeds is gone. I am super happy with the results.

just a quick post for gen3 ..re-set my grn light from 3.5...to 3..since then last tank of gas...42.65 mpg.. combined speeds of 45-80 on this tank .how can i complain,,:D

smooth and sounds awesome with the rush pipes..:newsmile026:

Back