free website stats program Wow!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Wow!!

jbm614

Installed the Dobeck TFI on my 02 EG this morning, I am extremely pleased with the vast improvement this has done to my ride. I only rode 30 miles or so and right away I new to purchase and install it was the right decision

If you haven't put this little beauty on your bike do consider it, you will be glad you did, Thanks to all that have suggested the Dobeck, I could not be happier. She has more horses and smoother overall now!!:D

Thats the results we all get I think you will also notice it will run considerably cooler. IMO its about the best $ spent on the bike.

This seems to be the natural response to this product. Dobeck has got to be one of the best with product development and customer service.

I am strongly considering buying this for my 08 RK and I am wondering if the install will be the same as what you show on your video because I have read about people taking off the gas tank and that is a bit much for me, I'm not that mechanical and I don't have a local Indy I can go to. On the video you show the installer cliping into the wires, that I can do.

I am strongly considering buying this for my 08 RK and I am wondering if the install will be the same as what you show on your video because I have read about people taking off the gas tank and that is a bit much for me, I'm not that mechanical and I don't have a local Indy I can go to. On the video you show the installer cliping into the wires, that I can do.

It only requires the removal of the front tank bolt and the rear bolt and lifting the tank ONLY as much as needed (it stays in place), not more than an inch or to. You don't want to lift it higher and break the plastic connection on the fuel line connector.
As far as the wiring... it's plug and play no cutting necessary, very easy to do for most anyone.

Here's some evaluations from a few guys that did the installation for you to read.

Dobeck Test Evaluations. - Harley Davidson Community

So the video that they show is not the correct way to do it, what is the reason for lifting the gas tank. ( sorry for the ?'s but I am worried about doing any damage to my bike). do you use a board to prop up the tank and what are you plugging into under there?

So the video that they show is not the correct way to do it, what is the reason for lifting the gas tank. ( sorry for the ?'s but I am worried about doing any damage to my bike). do you use a board to prop up the tank and what are you plugging into under there?

Not having seen the video you refer to, it's difficult for me to say.

The purpose of lifting the tank is to be able to access the wire loom under the tank to open it up and tuck the TFI wires into it to protect them. It also gives you a bit more room to access the plugs on the injectors. You can use a piece of wood or a towel rolled up to support the tank while you work under it.

If you go to there web site and click on the TFI and scroll all the way down you will see the video, if you can do that, and help me with what I'm missing, because what they showing is totally different then what is being talked about here. I want to make sure I no what I'm doing before I buy one. Thanks

Back