free website stats program Wow.. Those slip-ons are loud | Harley Davidson Forums

Wow.. Those slip-ons are loud

jrhawkku

I put on a set of Vance and Hines Straightshots on my 07 883c and WOW.. those babies are loud. I checked out a few clips on youtube of cycles with them on and they didn't seem like they were quite that loud. Guess the people making the vids had their mics turned down. I've ordered the quiet baffels for them, so hopefully that will tame em down a bit or I might have to go back to the originals. Anyone else running the quiet baffles that might give an idea as to just how much quieter they will be.
Thanks!

Lesson learned - clips recorded on subpar microphones and played back through computer speakers do not come close to replicating the real world. Best bet is to cruise the used bike lots and ask to hear anything that catches your eye or go to some biker nights or HOG events and also keep an eye out for anyone running the type of pipes you're considering.

I had goose neck drag pipes on my 1990 sportster 1200,you want to talk about loud.you will get used to them .go out and rattle some windows.

I got the same pipes on my Dyna, And they are LOUD. But i still love`em:p
V&H says the quiet baffles are only 2-3db`s quieter, nut worth the extra 50 bucks.

Like others have said,you will get used to them I got the rush slip on mufflers for my 1200 custom and i love them.I though they were loud when i first had them put on. ride safe my friend:)

I ordered the se slip ons for my new sporty haven't heard them yet because bike not here yet, but i had them on my 883l before i totaled it and i liked them. They were better than the stock but not to loud that i couldn't here myself think , so to speak.

I put on a set of Vance and Hines Straightshots on my 07 883c and WOW.. those babies are loud. I checked out a few clips on youtube of cycles with them on and they didn't seem like they were quite that loud. Guess the people making the vids had their mics turned down. I've ordered the quiet baffels for them, so hopefully that will tame em down a bit or I might have to go back to the originals. Anyone else running the quiet baffles that might give an idea as to just how much quieter they will be.
Thanks!

Yes I have the so called quiet baffles, they are loud. These mufflers don't thump they blast.
I reduced the size of the "stock" baffle and inserted in front of the "QUIET" baffle and they are still LOUD.

I am making "glass pack" baffles and inserting the quiet baffle in front of the glass pack baffles, reversing it.
I hope it mellows the blasting.

These slip on mufflers look real good on the bike.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

I highly recommend the quiet baffles.

I installed the Straightshot Slip-on on my 07 1200 and they sounded LOUD and great but just to be on the Constabulary safe side I decided to add the quiet baffles.
The bike is still Loud but the sound is more pleasant, not as High pitch and raspy.

I love it!

Back