free website stats program Would you sell your bike if ??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Would you sell your bike if ???

No way....Jose. I'd keep riding even in a more muted scenario. I ain't a big fan of real loud Harleys...I try not to get behind those with loud drag pipes on a long trek. But, stock pipes are way to quiet as I remember them. For me...always the first thing to "take off", and replace.

100thRear.jpg

I live just outside London, and when going into the City, it requires a certain amount of filtering through the traffic, and having loud pipes definitely helps as the motorists hear you coming and move over. Would definitely not sell the bike , would have to drive with more care though

I'm with most of the rest of the population on this issue.

I HATE loud pipes:you know the ones.You hear them coming from a block away and have to stop talking when they crackle past.Governments and Police LOVE loud pipes.Gives them the excuse to crack down on bikers with the citizens' blessing. If you think otherwise,you've got rocks in your head,mate.

To all these idiots that love to hear themselves coming(at least until the onset of deafness)i say shut the hell up.

Motorcycling is under attack from more sides than ever these days and WE are giving others reasons to erase our sport.If you think otherwise,well,you've got rocks in your head mate.

I love bikes,but detest straight through pipes et al; and i'm on our side.Just consider what OTHERS think------

I'm perfectly happy with the stock exhaust on my 2008 Street Glide. Like a previous post said, I didn't spend all that money just to listen to my motorcycle, I love to ride it!

I'm convinced the straight, loud pipes crowd didn't receive enough love and attention as children so now, they take every opportunity to make the world sit up and notice them. Well, unfortunately, the wrong people have been noticing them and are now taking measures to make all our lives miserable. Thanks a million - you know who you are.

I am a fan of loud pipes but would only go that route if I was building my own bike or if I just had a second one for playing around with.

My 2-1 SuperTrapp with an open end cap is definitely loud enough when hitting the throttle but relatively quiet when cruising. It's pretty damn nice.

I actually wouldn't mind it being a little louder tell you the thruth but oh well.

No matter what though, I would still ride. I just like the idea of getting the most power out of my bike and I wouldn't want to give any away that I spent money on getting.

No way!!! I finally got my bike and if they make it a law then I guess the stock pipes go back on. Love to ride to much

Back