free website stats program Would you sell your bike if ??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Would you sell your bike if ???

Irish Hog

Kinda spinning a thread off of Fourdogs post on loud exhaust. I am curious if your town had a ordinance against after market exhaust would you still have the same feeling with your bike if you had to put the stock exhaust back on??. I know myself that it would almost kill me to have to switch out the Vance and Hines for that (edit:newsmile055:) exhaust that came with the bike. I would almost be tempted to sell the bike if I had to do this. I know I am not alone when I say half the fun of a Harley is opening it up and hearing the roar, this should acctually be a Presidential issue, what candidate is for the bikers :bigsmiley24:

So what back to the topic would you be tempted to sell your bike if they outlawed aftermarket exhaust?, or is it no big deal you would ride your bike no mattter what..

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not sell my bike, but some of the fun would be gone. I love to hear my exhaust, but am always respectful of neighbors and aware of my surroundings. Hopefully, we as bikers realize we have some control over these events.

Are you serious? Would you rather Ride or Listen? I like the look and sound of my V&H but Damn Man, Think about what you're saying!
It would take a lot more than a Noise law to make me stop riding!

Are you serious? Would you rather Ride or Listen? I like the look and sound of my V&H but Damn Man, Think about what you're saying!
It would take a lot more than a Noise law to make me stop riding!
It is just a topic with a question..Just want to see how others feel. You obviously answered that you would continue to ride no matter what..

Nope ..hey I started so late in life (58)and am 63 now on a 2004 Road King...right now I have slip-ons...stage kit...PC2..and the 96 upgrade...did it mainly to pull a trailer..coz when we ( the wife and I ) decided this is what we wanted to do ..we were gonna see this country, and as much of it as we possible on the bike. Its been one of the best decision we ever made. Been to the east, and west coast...turned 50,000 plus as of our last trip to the 105th and on into Canada. I'll tell you something else...its keeping us young...refuse to set home and worry about what my grass looks like..yeah our kids think we're crazy...there just jealous!...lol...I'll do what it takes to keep riding....Don't get me wrong...I love the sound...and when I twist the throttle its not gonna be in someone else's face nor in a community thats is requesting we tune it down a bit..I've seen what its done to some of the communities around here. My primary reason for riding Coz we love it plain and simple. So my answer is I'll never sell my baby..lol

I actually wish my bike was quieter. I'd like to keep the beefy tone but lower the volume.
I hate announcing my arrival to the whole neighborhood at 2 i the morning.
It's hard to sneak around :newsmile063:

I actually wish my bike was quieter. I'd like to keep the beefy tone but lower the volume.
I hate announcing my arrival to the whole neighborhood at 2 i the morning.
It's hard to sneak around :newsmile063:
I have always thought that the Reinharts were a little more beefier sound..

Thinking more, I would be curious to know if you could get away with screaming Eagles if there was a outlaw.

Stop riding...NO WAY.

My pipes as well are too loud for my neighbors.
I am as respectful as possible and with the help of a FI bike I ride it off my block as soon as it starts up.
I even kill the motor halfway down the block and coast it into my driveway.

I love the sound of my Cobra pipes.
I also understand why most people would not.

I actually tried to go back to stock but they had disappeared somewhere in the shuffle of moving. I wish my fxr had something other than straight drag pipes on it, but that's what it has.

No. If I were riding for sound I would be riding for the wrong reason, like a lot of folks do. I just wish the idiots that make all the deliberate obnoxious noise would stop ruining it for all else. There are places to do it but too many do it just to get attention and are forcing the law to crack down on all of us. When they are alone I doubt they even crack the throttle since they get no attention.

Back