free website stats program Would you own any other bike? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Would you own any other bike?

1928 Henderson Police Bike:

watch

After having a Harley, fully & wholeheartedly concur that I wouldn't like to have any other cycle as my main ride :s , but certainly would not discount other marques....
Have been the fortunate 'custodian' of many varied bikes from a Honda 90 through to Vincent's and Harley, with TriBsa BSA Yamaha, AJS's Kawasaki and a Laverda amongst others twixt between, and enjoyed everyone, although surprisingly, the Jota [laverda] was a disappointment. An absolute pig in handling and a 'notchy' gearbox until you were in excess of 60 mph and 'using' it, then was a dream in cornering and gearbox was almost silky smooth. :45: ...
The Honda 90 in fact brings back fond memories. At the time my main ride was a Vincent 'white' shadow, but had rescued this Honda 90 which was destined for the breakers yard for just a few £'s, all it needed was a piston or valve if my memory serves me correct.
Twas a great 'crack' after cruising around on the Vincent with a bro most of the day, then go get the Honda and bomb around largely the same streets and roads, this causing much amusement & dismay amongst the citizens to see 2 guys they posibly saw earlier on a Vincent, totalling 28 stone + with originals, beards ginning their heads off... if it's got an engine and 2 wheels, it's fun time and miles of smiles in my book :laugh

atvvb
Bill

Last edited:
Back