free website stats program Would you own any other bike? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Would you own any other bike?

If I got to keep my Harley I would LOVE to own an old Indian someday

Kinda like:

58616620-1946IndianChief.JPG

Video on You Tube:

1946 Indian Chief:

YouTube - 1946 Indian Chief MC

1931 Harley VL:

YouTube - 1931 Harley VL Run at Palomar

Chris, watched a few of your YouTube shorts.

Great sounding and looking bikes.

You really do take great care of those machines!

I wrenched bikes from 1972 to 1980, then had a shop from 1980 to 1993.

Got into real estate in 1994 to now.

Half of my current construction crew used to work at the bike shop.

We wrench on Saturdays. :14:

I have owned three Harley's and two Jap bikes. The last being a Kawasaki 2000 Classic Lt. It was fun playing with 120 HP but it lacked the style and handling of a Harley. I currently own an 08 Ultra Classic. It is by far the best handling and best riding bike I have ever owned. I would never ride anything other than a Harley again. American boys ride American toys.

I rode nothing but metrics till I got my Harley. I would never go back. Only Harleys for me from now on. Never had the feeling I get riding the Harley on any other bike. Wouldn't want to lose that.

If it's not a Harley, then it's just a copy. I didn't want a copy so I got the real thing. I love my 06 1200-C and when people come up to me and say, cool looking bike,must be a Harley, and I can say yes it is. I love it...

Would I own any other bike? Yes of course, but not limited to owning. The fun is keeping them all riding and experiencing, while appreciating the differences. In my collection are singles, twins and triples from 1930 through 2002, originating from countries including Germany, Belgium, France, England, Italy, Japan and USA.

Simply fascinating to ride and wrench on such variety, experiencing the differences in engineering approach, handling and the evolution of about 80 years of motorcycle technology.

However, I must confess that the Harley is hard to compare to any of the others. But I am fond of all my bikes, all of which have their own specifics and character to enjoy.

Happy Holidays and riding.

Back