free website stats program Would you have a 96" crank handy? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Would you have a 96" crank handy?

I'm guessing he's making a oil pump gear that will run off the crankteeth to make it easier to change cams when converting to geardriven cams with a dual feed crank triggered super ignition.

Or....he's making a internal water pump gear for his new design water cooled cylinder heads that look like stock TC jugs.

But I could be wrong. :D

wilks3
:USA

Hey Hoople,
I just happen to have one. Its from a 2007 96" (just had it replaced) I count 30 teeth with a space for 2 more (32 would complete the circle).

Mike

Attachments

• 96i_crank_800x600.jpg
    96i_crank_800x600.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 18
I just happen to have one. Its from a 2007 96" (just had it replaced) I count 30 teeth with a space for 2 more (32 would complete the circle).

Mike

Thank you Mike! Now everything makes more sense. I was wondering how the 45* V-twin spark timing between the front & rear cylinders took place.

360 divided by 32 equals 11.25 degrees between notches. Therefore 4 notches equals the 45 degrees of cylinder shift I was looking for. I just wasn't sure if ignition offset came from notch count or if it was done through ECM electronics and time delay circuits. That really helps pull it all together.

None of this is covered in the service manual and it was a major unanswered question I had when trying to help Kansaskid72 with his crank trigger sensor issues from yesterday.

Appreciate it!

Back