free website stats program Would This be a Deal Breaker? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Would This be a Deal Breaker?

I think you are right there IF he agrees.... Any adjustment/agreement between the two of you That Allows A HAND SHAKE when done in my book...:D

signed....BUBBIE

RE-Reading this thread,,,, I would think the dealer JUST put in a Mapp and did dyno time for the up-grade and LIKE Others Said::: Ride the bike and see if it performs good enough and IF a Lean Condition appears,,,,TFI....

I like the Idea of the $$ SPLIT and the split should be enough to Buy the TFI as I would install IT if any LEAN appeared Before another Mapp is considered From HD....

Sounds like you will find a "different dealer" to your Liking for future use!!! AND I would Let Then KNOW that!!

Almost a new bike and just Breaking in...... GOOD FIND and a price I would NOT have hesitated on Either!

signed....BUBBIE

I pulled off the seat and didn't see a Power Commander or any other type of unit. Quick question are the SE Air cleaners stamped with anything to distinguish them from a stock unit. I took off the cover and didn't notice anything. part number from dealer write up for EFI Race Tuner 32107-01G.

Tried to post picture but it wouldn't let me since I used it in previous thread, I'll take better ones tomorrow, it looks better in my garage anyway.

7066d1278129458-street_glide_vs_road_glide-new_bike_ii.jpg

7065d1278129458-street_glide_vs_road_glide-new_bike.jpg

Deal breaker?!!! If it pushes all the right buttons and your worried about the details as to what if any stage I was on the bike...? No problem...just ride it like ya stole it...any tech additions as long as it is not detrimental to the internal performance or longevity is incidental. You'll have plenty of time to look into the details after you put a few miles on it under your belt...Enjoy!:D

If your not sure if it has been tuned. Ride it fifty to a hundred miles or so and check the plugs to see if it is too lean. There are some previous threads on reading the plugs. Maybe check them again in 200 or 300 miles after that in different driving styles again like cruising and so on.
Also if the dealer dyno'ed the bike they should have a readout and what mapping was done. Actually the owner should have been given a copy.
Sounds like a great deal Enjoy.

It would not be a deal breaker between me and the seller. The seller sounds like a stand up guy and I would have no problem with him.

But it would be a "Deal Breaker" between me and that HD dealership for any purchase down the road. They have shown the 2 qualities I can not tolerate the most. Being a Liar and being a Thief.
They either charged the guy $450 and did Nothing, or they just want to hold the Dongle ransom. I just can't explain it any other way.

I was concerned because I hadn't got the title to the bike yet so I emailed the previous owner who said HD financing screwed up when giving him his payoff balance and he still owed $5. I'm still not healed so I wasn't too mad but he did say that he would give me $400 towards a new tuner which made me happy. Wife was like good we can buy a new area rug:newsmile030: OH no that is bike money!!!!!!!!!!

Well bignew...I guess the dealbreaker just sealed the deal. Good on him for chipping in the $400 tuner $$$ & you'll need to hide it from the wife - or the rug will appear ;)

Heal quickly so you can ride & enjoy the new scoot!!!

I was concerned because I hadn't got the title to the bike yet so I emailed the previous owner who said HD financing screwed up when giving him his payoff balance and he still owed $5. I'm still not healed so I wasn't too mad but he did say that he would give me $400 towards a new tuner which made me happy. Wife was like good we can buy a new area rug:newsmile030: OH no that is bike money!!!!!!!!!!
Brother, you gotta get a grip on that ! Bike Money is like.......sacred and must be used to honor the gods of chrome, horsepower and coolness.

Back