free website stats program Would This be a Deal Breaker? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Would This be a Deal Breaker?

You should have the cable, CD and plug. Search through the parts. I always kept mine with the bike incase it was ever needed out on the road.

Some dealers just keep the sert with them after they do a bike for a customer. They just assume that the person will bring it back for tunes so they keep them. I don't know if this is a good practice or not but I eventually picked up my tuner, also a sert but the newer model and probably the last SERT before the SEPT came out. My number on my box is 32107-01L. Definitly check with the dealer that he got the bike from and they probably have everything there.

I don't know if this is a good practice or not but.

In my opinion it is a Bad practice. The customer paid over $400 for that little box and even if I never use it again, it belongs with my bike in my house and not in the dealerships shop.

As a Dealer I could come up with LOTS of reasons why I would like to hang onto the customers Dongle but all of them are sneaky reasons.

I called the dealer and they were short with me. I had the guy who I bought the bike from call the dealer since he said they were friends.

You are probably not going to get any cables or software. That's OK. Cables are optional anyway. Hopefully they give you YOUR dongle and not someones else.

I spoke with the previous owner tonight and he had no luck with the HD dealer and said they were short with him as well. He feels bad and asked how he could make it right. Any ideas I thought about him splitting the cost with me for a replacement.

I spoke with the previous owner tonight and he had no luck with the HD dealer and said they were short with him as well. He feels bad and asked how he could make it right. Any ideas I thought about him splitting the cost with me for a replacement.

I think you are right there IF he agrees.... Any adjustment/agreement between the two of you That Allows A HAND SHAKE when done in my book...:D

signed....BUBBIE

Does that mean they denied having the Dongle and insisted they gave it to the customer.?

Yes, the gentleman is real cool and wants to make it right and that is why I thought about splitting the cost of a new one with him. Based on this forum I might put that money toward TFI :s

Pocket the money and don't buy any tuner till you have ridden the bike for a bit yourself.Whatever canned map they put in it may be fine.JMO

Oh, yeah I was going to pocket the money until I needed to make a change. Right now it sounds good idling and I had a friend take it for a short spin and he said it ran fine. It definitely is hard looking at it while I finish healing.

Back