free website stats program Would This be a Deal Breaker? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Would This be a Deal Breaker?

You can tell the SE by the opening around the outer edge of the cover where you can see the filter.

Pull the side covers & see if the tuner's hidden in one of them - this is where my TFI is located. BTW, nice looking FLHX & hope you get to take her for a spin soon. Might want to double check the fluids & see if they need changing - I always like to start fresh with a new ride.

Never question the purchase of a motorcycle - Unlike houses, cars, food, and health insurance, motorcycles are necessities - You got the bike you wanted at a price you were willing to pay. You got a Great Deal.

From what I am reading above, seems like you may have a Power Commander.

Enjoy your new ride.....

you wont see anything on the bike as this style tuner is removed once it has done its deed.
You have a laptop with the SE tuning software and maps cables the dongle, the dongle sits between the laptop and the ECM and directly flashes the maps on the ECM, once finished you pack it all away and go ride :D

That's what I told the guy when I picked it up. I'll call the dealership tomorrow to see if they can give me any clarification.

you wont see anything on the bike as this style tuner is removed once it has done its deed.
You have a laptop with the SE tuning software and maps cables the dongle, the dongle sits between the laptop and the ECM and directly flashes the maps on the ECM, once finished you pack it all away and go ride :D

As has been mentioned, not sure how we can tell you if it's good deal when we don't know what the deal is!

That said, you DO need to get your EFI, and I'm flummoxed as to why it's missing anyway!

Hopefully you didn't pay any more than 12K.......I know I wouldn't!

I paid a little more 15000, in a 450 mile radius it was one of the cheapest and the lowest miles, it just had it's 1000 mile service. The only think that cheap around here are Electraglides with salvaged titles made into Street Glides. The gentleman was a doctor and used his discount to the hilt and still put 5 grand in before he left. For his sake I hope he didn't pay for something the bike never had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never question the purchase of a motorcycle - Unlike houses, cars, food, and health insurance, motorcycles are necessities - You got the bike you wanted at a price you were willing to pay. You got a Great Deal.

From what I am reading above, seems like you may have a Power Commander.

Enjoy your new ride.....

DOC,, I LIKE the way you think,,about bikes...

part number from dealer write up for EFI Race Tuner 32107-01G.

Congratulations on the Great Looking Ride! You will enjoy it, I am sure.

Not that it matters, but part number 32107-01G does not seem to cross to anything in the HD system that I can find.
The price does reflect SEST w/software. But who knows. You just can't turn your back on some dealerships. :p

My 08 streetglide has a power commander located under the right side cover.It came with the cd,usb cable a 9v adapter and all instructions.

bike011-1.jpg

The wifes 08 streetglide has the SERT.If your bike has a Sert map you wont find any boxes when yo open it up.My understandind is the box is merely used to interface with the ecu and then removed.

If you have the SERT.It should have come with the cd and interface box.

bike014.jpg

Thats a realy nice bike Bignew..Congrats.

Back