free website stats program Would This be a Deal Breaker? | Harley Davidson Forums

Would This be a Deal Breaker?

bignew

I went to go look at and pick up my new bike today and I had to drive 4hrs each way. I knew going in that the owner didn't seem to know a lot about the bike but it seemed in excellent condition and a good price. When looking at the bike it looked awesome and i decided to buy it. I asked for the EFI Race Tuner kit and he didn't know what I was talking about. I was under the impression that after everything was set you unplugged this unit and stored it for later use. Am I correct, well the gentleman had no idea what i was talking about. I am going to call dealer on Tuesday to see if maybe they stored it for him.

The bike is a 2007 Street Glide with 1100 miles. As soon as the bike was purchased he put 3400 worth of parts into the bike with labor he spent over 5,000. Included in the list from the shop was the EFI tuner for 459.95.

Some extras include:
rinehart pipes
chrome front end
EFI-Tuner (at least purchased)
SE Air Cleaner (better go and double check)
Touring seat
new battery yesterday
chrome controls

So was this a good purchase without EFI in hand?

It is not real clear about the "EFI Tuner". It could be the dealer installed a Power Commander that is actually on the bike.

You ask if it was a good deal. But I did not see what you paid for the bike.

To me a good deal would 12 - 15K. Sounds like it is pretty much a new bike.

so dealers were know to hold the boxs and cable hostage for extra $$$.. but as said it could be a power commander or a different setup

Oops! I forgot to say I paid $15,000 for the bike. I told my cousin who helped me get it home that the owner probably had it in a box with original parts that came off the bike and he included it in the box of parts. Any way to check if Tuner was actually used? I can't ride bike because of injuries but my cousin rode it and it sounded great.

On a mission this week to find out what happened to it.
Before I left the guy was giving me all kinds of free stuff......my wife just loves it:small3d012:

so dealers were know to hold the boxs and cable hostage for extra $$$.. but as said it could be a power commander or a different setup

I'm just pulling at strings to figure it out, he said he is somewhat friends with the owner and gets discounts. He said the bike was put on a dyno but he didn't receive anything back. It looks like he wrote a blank check and told them to go to work.

I would go to the Power Commanders website. Look up the installation for your bike. There should a connector accessible if it has a Power Commander. Easy way to tell without digging into it. Also if all the wires plugging into the ECM are black, it probably has a Power Commander.

I pulled off the seat and didn't see a Power Commander or any other type of unit. Quick question are the SE Air cleaners stamped with anything to distinguish them from a stock unit. I took off the cover and didn't notice anything. part number from dealer write up for EFI Race Tuner 32107-01G.

Tried to post picture but it wouldn't let me since I used it in previous thread, I'll take better ones tomorrow, it looks better in my garage anyway.

7066d1278129458-street_glide_vs_road_glide-new_bike_ii.jpg

7065d1278129458-street_glide_vs_road_glide-new_bike.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back