free website stats program would like to sit a little lower | Harley Davidson Forums

would like to sit a little lower

Hey guys, I have an 06 RKClassic...I would prefer to sit a little lower in the bike...I dont want to lower the bike...just sit down in it a little more. Guess that would mean a different seat...any suggestions? still want comfort too...Can I have my cake and eat it too?

Browse through the P&A catalog and read the descriptions of the various seats. Each is designed to do something different - I believe the Reach seat is the one that lowers your sitting height a bit without changing the geometry of the bike itself.

Second option would be to send your current seat off to Mean City Cycles and they will work magic on your seat according to your desired goals.

Mean City Cycles - Custom Seat Modifications

+1 on the Mean City Cycles. After getting my stock seat back from them it's even more comfortable than my Le Pera solo.

Just got my seat back from Mean City and it's great. My back and shoulders hurt really bad after about 45 min's on the bike 2010 FLHTK with the stock seat. They added memory foam, lowered me a bit and pulled me a bit forward....now the seat is so comfortable I can ride all day!

I can't speak to Mean City, but my seat was made with memory foam, and it's great. When you first sit on it, you may wonder what all the fuss is, but as it warms up and starts to mold to your bottom, you realize what the fuss is! For the 2, 3, or longer hours in the saddle, for my money, it can't be beat.

BTW, as far as having cake and eating it too, the more cake you eat, the higher in the saddle you're going to be riding.:lolrolling

I can speak from experience the reach seat didnt lower me down at all, actually I have better ground reach with my stock seat. I plan to send my stock seat to mean city when it gets to cold to ride. One more thing on the reach seat it moves you so far forward it feels like you are sitting on the tank.

single or 2 up? i have a corbin solo from my 01 rk that sits way low for me. 5'11''. great deal if you want it. pm here. i'll get back.

Don't know if it was Mean City, but my buddy had his seat customized. I think they used a gel insert not memory foam. Gave him about an inch plus comfort.

You can also check out to see if HD makes the Reach seat for that bike. Lowers about an inch and about the same slide forward.

TQ

Back