free website stats program Worthless headlight. | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Worthless headlight.

As mentioned above, be careful not to touch the bulb, if you do clean it off with alcohol. The cloudiness could be moisture and the smell you will get when you first light it up.

I want to upgrade my headlight bulb. I have been researching and from what I have read the new philips x-treme power bulbs are the best. I would like to know if any body else has tryed these bulbs or read anything on them. I have been looking at these and the osram night breakers. :)

As mentioned above, be careful not to touch the bulb, if you do clean it off with alcohol. The cloudiness could be moisture and the smell you will get when you first light it up.
I was very careful about not touching the bulb. What I found was definately not moisture although that is what it looked like. It was an actual smokey kind of film on the reflector,but not on the glass.Weird?? Kind of like what you get inside your car windshield from sitting in the sun. Yes I got nervous and so I bought the Silverstar Ultra's until I'm brave enough to try the 80/100's again. The Ultra's seem brighter but boy I loved that Osram.Still perplexed about the odor. Maybe that is a one time thing.

Back