free website stats program World fame? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

World fame?

George Orr, "The mad potter of Biloxi"
The rock group - Three Doors Down
Jazz great Pete Fountain lived in Bay St. Louis before Katrina hit
Not from this area but did attend jr. college in Poplarville, Jimmy Buffett

Well from Muskegon you Have Jim Baker. (I don't know if we really want to claim him.) Harry Morgan, he was raised in Muskegon. One of our local band directors played guitar with the band that sang the theme song for Happy Days

Being from NYC the list would be endless.
From Staten Island specifically:
Cassius Marcellus Coolidge (1844-1934) Painter of the widely reproduced humorous pictures of dogs playing poker.
Christina Aguilera (1980-) Chart-topping pop singer was born on Staten Island.

Danville IL: Home of actors Gene Hackman, Dick and Jerry Van Dyke, as well as piano player Bobby Short and NASA astronaut Joe Tanner.

Gave this some additional thought after my first post. Came up with a few more: Debbie Harry lead singer of the rock group "Blondie" lives in the Midddletown, NJ area. Joe Piscopo from Saturday Night Live is a north Jersey native. Thomas Edison did most of his creative work at a shop in Menlo Park, NJ. If memory serves, Vince Lombardi, of Green Bay Packers fame has NJ ties....

Ross Coleman grew up right across the rode from me.

He's a big deal around here and among the worlds best at his profession......Anyone know who he is?

Not far from Matt Kenseth's hometown and this is a fun one, my wife is related to Tom Wopat (Luke Duke) and has a couple of pictures of the General Lee sitting in her parents front yard. Kinda cool.

Michael Phepls - 8 gold metals for swimming
Kimmie Meisner - gold metal figure skater
Ed Norton - actor
John Wilkes Booyh - Assasin
Cal Ripkin Jr - Nuf said
Babe Ruth - I think he played baseball or something :D
Tom Clancey - writer
Don't know any of them, just live close by. They probably see me and run the other way.

Back