free website stats program Woods tw6-6 cams | Harley Davidson Forums

Woods tw6-6 cams

EMGLIDE

AS PROMISED I AM REPORTING BACK ON MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE WOODS CAMS,SORRY FOR THE DELAY BUT IVE BEEN BUSY WITH WORK AND THE LEGION RIDERS AND PATRIOT GUARD.
HAD THE BIKE REMAPPED AND DYNOED AT CLINTON HARLEY IN CLINTON,IOWA.
THE BIKE RUNS GREAT HAS MORE OVERALL POWER,ESPECIALLY ON CRUISE CONTROL WHEN IT COMES TO PULLING HILLS. CAN NOW PULL HILLS ON CRUISE CONTROL AND MAINTAIN SPEED MUCH BETTER,STILL GETTING LOW 40s ON HIGHWAY AND MID 30s FOR MILEAGE AROUND TOWN.
THE BIKES CURRENT SET UP IS THIS:
WOODS TW6-6 CAMS
HYPERCHARGER INTAKE
COBRA TRUE DUALS
RUSH MUFFLERS
S E PLATINUM PLUGS
S E PERFORMANCE PLUG WIRES
H-D OIL COOLER
NOW FOR SOME NUMBERS-74HP AND 94TQ.
WAS TOLD THAT IF I CHANGE AIR INTAKE TO SOMETHING DIFFERENT I COULD GET HP OVER 80 AS THE HYPERCHARGER LOOKS COOL IT IS ACTUALLY RESTRICTIVE,TQ IS RIGHT WHERE IT SHOULD BE BASED ON OTHER BIKES DYNOED THAT HAVE NO BIG BORE OR HEAD WORK DONE TO THEM.
HOPES THIS HELPS ANYBODY OUT THEIR WHO IS CONSIDERING DOING SOME UPGRADES.
HAVE A GREAT RIDE!!!

Additional info the bike has no power commander or other device on it,was remapped using h-d sert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sound good. How is the valve train noise? Is there a noticible tick between 2300-2700 that then goes away with more RPM? I put a woods 6 in my RK evo and the cam made the most difference in power & rideability but got a tick that I learned to live with. I have been thinking about the TW6-6 or wodds new TW555 for my 09 RG. After the Fuelmoto write up I am laening towards the TW555.

Please switch off the caps it is considerd as shouting and as such is bad manners and is also hard to read

Brian

Back