free website stats program Won't start - ARGH!!!!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Won't start - ARGH!!!!!

a problem like this is usually not a large one... bad battery... loose connection... battery cable.... diag can sometimes be a pain but try a few different things b/4 you panic and take it to the dealer and they charge you $400.00 for a bad battery... or a loose connection... i am in the rental and service business i was an equipment mechanic and a car mechanic for years believe me take your time im sure alot of people on here have alot of good advice for you

One other thing - since they installed the battery and the tender - it might be under warranty (crossing my fingers)

Nobody wants you to feel bad...we all have experienced the same frustration you're feeling with a problem on our own bikes at one time or another. But follow Glider's advice and your frustration will be short-lived...I guarantee it! :D

Thanks so much I really appreciate it. I did it all and still the same issue so in it goes to the dealer - oh well.

Avalon, was the dealer able to get the problem sorted?

The problem is kinda odd because "normally" the headlight should light immediately if the ignition is turned on, instruments lights and indicators should light, the engine kill switch in "run", the bike in "neutral" and you push the start button, the small relay beside the fuses should click, the starter should engage and turn over and the headlight may dim slightly but stay on...very strange indeed! :eam

Back