free website stats program Won't start - ARGH!!!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Won't start - ARGH!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to help me out, guess I have to phone the dealership to tow it over there and have it checked out.

Glider is right on about the connections possibly being loose. Especially if the battery was just installed. Easy to check, remove seat by unscrewing the screw holding the seat down. Remove seat and then battery cover, and tighten battery connections.

Can I just slide the battery out and just tighten with a wrench or do I have to make sure one of the cables are disconnected before I put a wrench to the battery?

i would try and jump start the bike.... its also possible that the battery crossed polarities its rare but it happens if you get a strong arc when you jump the bike dissconnect immediatly.... and go out and buy a new battery... or you could have just got a defective battery.... also check the main ecu connection....

I just went out and checked the battery connections and they are as tight as can be. I tried to start it again and turned the ignition to the ACC position and the display came on but not the lights (headlight) then turned to full ignition and it stayed on (before it would just lose power and go black) and tried to start with the button and it just clicked and all the lights went dark again. I am so at a loss and don't want to fork out another $600.00 like my last visit to the dealership. Sigh

Like said above REMOVE the cable ends, clean and reinstall them. Looking at them does nothing even if they seem tight. :small3d015:They have two ends to check over too.

Sorry to make you feel bad but as mentioned, remove them and check, eyeballing does nothing at all and we just go round and round in circles with nothing acomplished other than repeating the same thing again.

i would try and jump start the bike.... Its also possible that the battery crossed polarities its rare but it happens if you get a strong arc when you jump the bike dissconnect immediatly.... And go out and buy a new battery... Or you could have just got a defective battery.... Also check the main ecu connection....

try to jump the bike atleast b/4 you take it to the dealer.... A bad battery could be you only problem...

Back