free website stats program Woman found guilty in fatal 'nail polish' crash | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Woman found guilty in fatal 'nail polish' crash

When a fatality happens, no one really "wins"...the victim is still gone and awards are typically to the litigation elements, not the immediate family and certainly not the circle of friends involved on both sides. An accident truly is a brief instant in time and a preventable one is truly a waste. JMO...

Kinda like what the Russians did with the incarcerated pirates...They "deported" them after announcing "--we are not going to pay for their room and board, much less tie up our resources to prosecute them"...(do you think they really put them back in their rubber raft and sent them on their way)...?" Pirates on the high seas were dealt with swiftly and quickly long ago...before due process was even considered. But punishment is a moral issue...isolate society from criminal, no eye for an eye, no death, hard time...there is no real answer, then or now.

Last edited:
Lordy Mercy...sometimes it's just your time fellas. As horrific and sad as this is, I can see this happening. The woman's distracted - she instinctively knows she's approaching an intersection and looks up at the light and doesn't pick out the small mass of metal on the bike in front of her - and your whole world changes in a split second.. Man oh man.

I hate the imposition of rules upon us, but I'll be the first to admt that texting while driving (i know this wasn't the cause here), is another about as bonehead a thing as you can do. And I've done it. And I'm trying to not do it... Just too many distractions in this modern day and age.

Sad story.

Sad deal on all parts & like others I always do a mirror check while stopped to ensure it's safe from behind. Had one female driver slowly roll ahead b/c she was applying eyeliner - gently tapped the horn & she luckily stopped before "kissing" my ride. Too many people multi-tasking in cars & now they're making cages w/wireless broadband so guess they'll be surfing & driving next...:newsmile082:

In car internet? wow.. That's.. speechless..

Lordy Mercy...sometimes it's just your time fellas. As horrific and sad as this is, I can see this happening. The woman's distracted - she instinctively knows she's approaching an intersection and looks up at the light and doesn't pick out the small mass of metal on the bike in front of her - and your whole world changes in a split second.. Man oh man.

I hate the imposition of rules upon us, but I'll be the first to admt that texting while driving (i know this wasn't the cause here), is another about as bonehead a thing as you can do. And I've done it. And I'm trying to not do it... Just too many distractions in this modern day and age.

Sad story.

Agreed,

until the point that something goes wrong, we all assume it will be okay. I've made that mistake before and so have others. I hope this case raises enough awareness to bring some people back to reality and realize that some things are too important to be neglected / ignored.

Last edited by a moderator:
How sad. We have a dead mother, killed by no fault of her own and a cheesy defense attorney playing the gender card.

There is no excuse for distracted driving, period. It doesn't matter if the "distracted driver" is a man or a woman.

I won't get started on elderly drivers, but I have had a few close calls because of them. They are right up there with the driving while texting crowd.

Back