free website stats program wobble | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

wobble

JMHO, I wouldn't use one of those units for the very same reason as you question here. The mount holes were made to bolt an oil pan to the engine/trans and not to secure the motor into the bike to cure a problem with wobbles.
Now to add to that the length of the mount bolts used with these units, it gives additional leverage so to speak to the mount bolts fastened into the holes that were meant to hold the oil pan on. If the case was designed to use this part then it's a different scenario completely but it is an add on part by an aftermarket supplier. Give the manufacturer a call and ask about the liability issue in using these units and who is responsible if the case bolt boss gets stripped or cracks the case and see what their reply is if you can decipher the double talk.

Hey Glider, Thanks for the response. That would really concern me alot. I can't imagine the bolts they supply or for that fact the threads where the transmission pan bolts are would be required to that that much stress.

I will give them a call and see what they say. That would be interesting to find out. Now with that said, which scenario would you go with? The replacing the swing are shaft and bushings? and if so, which company makes them?

I don't agree with the mounting of those units. The stress that is put on the case with the longer bolts to mount the unit have to be at least quadrupled from what it was designed to accommodate, but I'm sure the manufacturer will come up with some fancy way of explaining it with smoke and mirrors.

There's a few at the bottom of this post.

True Track Installation - Harley Davidson Community

Back