free website stats program WIX Oil Filters | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

WIX Oil Filters

Hey Jack, Now that is some neat reading!

bcortani, Yes it is...and as long as somebody gets a laugh, then its even better!

wilks3 :D
:USA

I would rather select an HD filter because they are built for the engine as opposed to another brand that will "work".

JMHO

How come when I say stuff like this people just tell me I don't like change. I am firm believer in using what is made for a purpose for a certain motor. just cause a Honda filter fits on a Harley doesn't mean you should use it. Use the right one for the job.:D

How come when I say stuff like this people just tell me I don't like change. I am firm believer in using what is made for a purpose for a certain motor. just cause a Honda filter fits on a Harley doesn't mean you should use it. Use the right one for the job.:D

I think if you hold a big hammer in your hand when you tell them, they will listen :lolrolling

Took the grand kids to see "THOR" the other day, guess I"ll be whipping up one of those hammers. By the way, not to change the subject but should you see the movie stay for the credits there is an extra scene at the end.

NASCAR uses Wix filters - haven't you seen how many engines blow-up during a race??? :s

You'll learn two things real fast on this site...(1) awesome amount of knowledge & (2) NEVER argue with glider. :D

HD filters are my preference & I visit a dealership often enough so there's always a spare on my bench.

You'll learn two things real fast on this site...(1) awesome amount of knowledge & (2) NEVER argue with glider. :D

Now that's funny. I'm always open for debate, just not arguing.:D

I post tried and true methods of doing things from experience and I'm sure there are other ways of doing things too.:s

I post tried and true methods of doing things from experience and I'm sure there are other ways of doing things too.:s

A debate is an argument, you just keep the gloves on. No bare knuckles!!:newsmile108:

Your argument here does not hold water. In your story above, a person would be held liable for repairs if they do not use MOCO parts. 100% not true! If it were true, you, Glider, would also be liable, as you use Mobil 1 oil and not H-D oil off the shelf of your local dealership. You too are guaranteed protection:

"There is a law called the Magnusson-Moss Act that says, in layman’s terms, an OEM cannot require a consumer to use an OEM part or fluid in order to maintain warranty coverage unless that part or fluid is provided free of charge."

And the 2 bikes described above are under OEM warranty. And last time I checked, H-D dealerships are still charging exorbitant prices for their filters and oil. I respect your argument, knowledge and time you spend on this board helping people. But please do know the facts and the law.

OK, no argument about the consumer protection law, but....you have been declined by HD due to the product on your bike not being theirs. Now you have to jump through the hoops required by the manufacturer of the product you did use. How many times will you have to justify this position when all could have been avoided by using the manufacturers product which, by the way, is probably equal to or close to the product you used. Much less hassle to use MOCO part and remove any issues of "who is at fault" We all know everyone will attempt to shift blame if oppurtunity is there.

I have my own issues with MOCO but I would rather have my bike fixed and rideable than to spend an additional ? number of weeks arguing who is to blame and unable to ride. I guess you have to pick your battles and live with it. IMO

Bubbie, Donny has done several articles on H D filters, I do not have one in front of me right now but I will by the weekend, any way I will stick with black H D filters They have never failed me yet and I know I can always find one even in another state when I am traveling, How is that for peace of mind:s

Donny's Unauthorized Technical Guide ... - Google Books

Luv that Donnie Peterson. I have learned more from reading his articles in " American Iron" than anywhere else.

NASCAR uses Wix filters - haven't you seen how many engines blow-up during a race??? :s

HD filters are my preference & I visit a dealership often enough so there's always a spare on my bench.

And I "loosely" quote Iceman....don't show up to a fight unarmed. LOL

Back