free website stats program Wish me luck! | Harley Davidson Forums

Wish me luck!

Sharky1948

At the ripe old age of 59, I just purchased my first bike...a 2007 XL1200C. I'm picking it up on Friday. As my wife would say...another of my semi-annual (as opposed to mid-life) crises!

Thanks to both of you!

BTW DarkKnight, I see you are from CT as well. I'm in Stamford (just back from placing the order at Fritz's.)

Sharky, I heard the dealer down that way is a good sort... I'm from "upstate" CT, north of Hartford. Can't say the same about my own though, sadly. I'm currently searching for a good dependable dealer who's not trying to pull a fast one on a newbie rider!

I heard some similar things from a person in my BRC. So far I've been very happy with Fritz's. The sales guy (Brian) was very knowledgeable and really helped me settle on a specific model. He introduced me to all the guys and gals in the parts dept and accessories dept. I have a neighbor with a bagger who speaks highly of them as well.

I don't know about their service, of course. But, I did see a few bikes from a Westchester police department. I think there is an HD dealer in White Plains, so I'm guessing if they come to Stamford, there must be a reason.

Safe riding!

At the ripe old age of 59, I just purchased my first bike...a 2007 XL1200C. I'm picking it up on Friday. As my wife would say...another of my semi-annual (as opposed to mid-life) crises!

Good on you Sharky, it's never too late to live life. There's a young bloke in all of us, trying to break out!!:lol

Back