free website stats program Wiring question | Harley Davidson Forums

Wiring question

R_W_B

I've read that the Accessory plug on Touring bikes (under the seat) has 4 poles. One side is hot only when the switch is turned on the other is Hot all of the time.

I've also read that the additional purchase Pig tail comes wired to the HOT all the time side so when the bike is on the spoilers lights are on no matter if the switch is on or not.

However on Dynas, I have a similar Accessory plug under my seat also. I'm wondering on my Dyna if some of the poles (wires) are also hot all the time? Possibly for leaving GPS on while bike is off ? Or emergency Flashers ?
(my bike is apart so can't test them right now)

Anyhow looking at pictures it appears that additional purchase Pigtail looks like it has 2 or possibly 3 outlets. Has anyone seen this for a Dyna ? If so that is real handy. I've searched around and I can buy a pigtail for my Dyna Accessory plug also but not sure if it has multi-plugs on it like that (no pics). It's part 70264-94A Zanotti Price: $14.36 HARNESS, DUAL ACCESSORY.

Even more strange upon investigation I find my Dyna also has a second existing plug, with only one red wire that I've read is also hot all the time. Its HD part 72260-04 referred to in Parts manual as P&A Battery (also seen elsewhere as 'B+ Connector'). It's a larger diameter wire and I surmise you have to create your own ground to use it. But there is also a matching additional purchase plug for it, part HD-70270-04 Price: $12.76 KIT, B+ ADAPTOR. I am not real sure what this plug was designed for.

Appreciate any info you guys have on the facets of
1. Does the Dyna additional purchase plugs have multi pigtail plugs ?

2. Which wires are hot in the Dyna Accs plug ? (there are 4 wires, O/R, R/Y, O/R and BK ).

3. What is the designed use of the one red wire P&A Battery plug ?

In the meantime I looked up my Dyna schematic. The P&A Battery one, it comes out of the TSSM battery terminal. Not quite sure what it's intended for though?
------------
And on the Cust. Accy 4 wire plug the black wire goes to ground.

and both O/R wires go to the Customer Accy fuse on the fuse block and shows that fuse being switched from ignition. So I guess on Dynas the two O/R poles are switched and not hot all the time.

And the other R/Y goes to the (feeds?) the rear lighting.

Still waiting to hear back from Zanottis on how many plugs the Dyna pigtail has. My local parts dealer was busy said he would call back. I may just run down there.

Just got a call back from the HD shop, the Cust Accy 70264-94A plug has two pigtails and they have it in stock locally for $17. I'm gonna go with this one.

RWB,

Are you creating questions in a thread and answering yourself? Just wondering............:lolrolling

Bodeen

RWB,

Are you creating questions in a thread and answering yourself? Just wondering............:lolrolling

Bodeen

Yea I was told a long time ago to do that since other folks might be interested. This is not the first thread I've done that on, there were a few that did not get any answers and I had to dig deeper.

I 'think' I have all of my questions answered with the exception of what in the world the single red wire B+ plug was intended by HD to be used for.

And also I've been told on touring models one side of the Cust Accy plug (3 wires and grd) is hot all the time, but on the Dyna Schematic it shows not hot all the time, but all switched. Which is fine with me, just wanted to make sure I didn't have to add a switch in line to it.

I concur! :lolrolling

accplug6.jpg

Back