free website stats program Wiring question on RKC | Harley Davidson Forums

Wiring question on RKC

cannon00000

Hello all, Ive been lurking for a while and really appreciate all of the information I have found on this site. I've got a question that I am hoping some of you fine folks can help me with.

I am trying to install the UniqCycles amplifier on my RKC and am really confused. I was told that I could wire it to the aux plug located under the seat. I see the black pigtail on the ride side of the battery. Is that what has been referred to as the aux. plug? If so, should I just snip off the end and splice the wires together?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Cannon

Cannon
You'll find that accessory plug that is switched with the left switch up by the steering head buried in front of the battery. There is also a data link plug too that looks similar but it is usually under the right side cover. Pick up the counterpart for the plug from the dealer so you don't have to cut the wiring.

Here's the pinouts in the plug on the bike now for reference.

accplug6.jpg

Glider Thank you for you help!

I have found the Deutsch plug, and removed the cover.

There is only on lead inside this plug though. I need to connect all three leads from the amplifier. Am I looking at the wrong plug?

Must be the wrong one, the accessory plug has 4 leads in it.:D

This will give you an idea of the plug that goes into the accessory plug on the bike. There's also a 4 place plug like this available with just the plug itself and the connectors that go into it.

I think these are the dealer numbers for that part.

72114-94BK - sealed socket housing
72154-94 - secondary lock, 4 socket
72191-94 - stamped and formed socket (pins)

Attached is a picture of what I am looking at. This picture is not of my bike, but the grey plug is identical.

Is the plug above the grey one the correct one?

I cant seem to find that on my bike.

Also, the part number that the dealer sold me is 91843-97

Thanks again.

Attachments

• CIMG0439.jpg
    CIMG0439.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 80
Back