free website stats program Wiring help please!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wiring help please!!

Ok so the unit comes with 4 wires:
1) goes to ground on your battery.
2) goes to positive on battery.
3) goes to the front coil wire coming off the coil. Mine has a 4 wire harness that plugs into the coil and the BE/O wire in the harness is the front coil wire on my 883 Harley iron. I removed a little of the wire sheath and soldered the yellow (#3) wire to the BE/O wire on the harness.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367350818.031583.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367350836.220235.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367350855.215348.jpg
Wiring diagram for a 883 iron 2010-2013 can be seen above.
4) goes on to the forward engine mount lot to give you engine head temperature.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367351088.080171.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367351115.412081.jpg

Solder in photo on coil harness:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367351234.119793.jpg

Hopefully you have the wiring diagram for your bike. Hope this helps.

MarkS

Wow Mark. Thanks so much. I am a new rider and female to boot - an old bag actually LOL. I never could have found the ignition coil sensor wire without your help even with the wiring diagrams. I'm told the Iron wiring is the same as my Superlow. It all makes sense now but I have limited soldering experience and never have luck with insulating/heat shrinking t-splices so I am looking for a shop to do it. No luck yet. They are telling me to go with the Speedway unit and use a Deutsch connection to the data port. But I prefer the Translogic unit with the added features so I may have to do it myself or do without.

Wow Mark. Thanks so much. I am a new rider and female to boot - an old bag actually LOL. I never could have found the ignition coil sensor wire without your help even with the wiring diagrams. I'm told the Iron wiring is the same as my Superlow. It all makes sense now but I have limited soldering experience and never have luck with insulating/heat shrinking t-splices so I am looking for a shop to do it. No luck yet. They are telling me to go with the Speedway unit and use a Deutsch connection to the data port. But I prefer the Translogic unit with the added features so I may have to do it myself or do without.

Soldering Station Features Continuously Variable Power Between 5-40W, a 1.5mm Pointed Tip: Amazon.com: Industrial Scientific Have a look here good price and you can practice on your skills:s

Back