free website stats program Wiring help please!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Wiring help please!!

MarkS

I need help in figuring out which and where my coil wire is located on my 2013 Harley Davidson Iron 883 please! I'm sorry for a repost on a subject that's been covered before. I'm not sure exactly where to locate the coil wire and which one it is. Here is a wiring diagram off a 2010 Harley Iron 883 so I'm assuming its probably the same. I've got a Translogic micro display tachometer I want to hook up. I know how to do everything except tie into the coil wire. Any help is greatly appreciated.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365219849.537190.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365219862.856074.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365219872.994742.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365219883.373012.jpg

MarkS

Not sure about Sportsters but you may find what you need in the diagram that is marked "Instruments, Indicator Lamps, and Hand Controls". If the Sportster has a Tach option then the wire may exist already with in that diagram listed above.

Can't you just trace your coil wiring...?? Coil's right there (elec-end of plug wires) so follow where the wires run from there. Also, might be good idea to have your Service Manual handy - wiring diagrams are in the back. Good luck!

Does the instructions say which color of the coil wire to use? When I expanded you diagram it got to blurry to read for my old eyes. I'll try to find another or Hoople will chime in.
tourbox

As stated earlier, with the "Instruments, Indicator Lamps, and Hand Controls" diagram. It may be real easy to find.

So today I jumped in head first! I got my tach, temperature, battery gauge, and clock (one unit) all hooked up and all is working great!!! My tach is reading around 1050 - 1100 rpm at idle and when it warms up around 980- 1000 rpm. This is about right isn't it? temperature while riding is around 280.

Looks like everything's functioning properly - great job! I know wiring can be a tricky beast and these "all-in-one" units have so many connection points - getting everything working correct can be brutal. Bike should idle ~1K RPM & for now your 280-degree temp's probably good, but will climb w/ambient temp as we transition into the warmer summer months.

Post-up some pics of your hard labor sometime so we can get a gander at this little display. Looks pretty neat!

So today I jumped in head first! I got my tach, temperature, battery gauge, and clock (one unit) all hooked up and all is working great!!! My tach is reading around 1050 - 1100 rpm at idle and when it warms up around 980- 1000 rpm. This is about right isn't it? temperature while riding is around 280.

Can you provide more detail on the wiring, pics would be great. I would like to get this unit as well but Translogic said it had to be soldered in....and it looked too complicated for me:)

KEOD, I'll post up some pics and info in a little bit for you. It's not all that complicated and I know you can do it if I can!

MarkS

Back