free website stats program Wiring Diagrams | Harley Davidson Forums

Wiring Diagrams

cso1340

Hi all,

New to this site and hope I'm not stepping on any toes by posting to this thread. Really having issues re-wiring my 1990 FLSTC ignition switch. I'm putting on a new gas tank and relocating the switch to where the horn used to be. I've managed to get all the lights, turn signals, oil and neutral indicators as well as high beam and speedometer back light working. The problem is they don't all work at the same time or when the should!! Example, when my headlight is on, the speedometer back light isn't. When my oil and neutral lights are on, the high beam indicator light isn't. Does anyone have a clue as to why?? I'm am so frustrated at this point. I've tried every conceivable combination of wiring and NOTHING works. I need help badly!!

Do you have a factory manual, if not I would consider it, it will pay for itself in the long run:D

Cso1340, welcome to the HDTimeline forum...while others will probably weigh in shortly here is something that may work for you...:s

1991-93_FLSTC_919.gif

1988-9_key_for_889_and_919.gif

Thanks for the replies. I do own a manual and have traced every single line to it's proper location. Like I said, all the lights work, just not at the same time. I'll take a look at the above diagram and see if that sheds any light (pun intended). Thanks again!

Thanks for the replies. I do own a manual and have traced every single line to it's proper location. Like I said, all the lights work, just not at the same time. I'll take a look at the above diagram and see if that sheds any light (pun intended). Thanks again!

If you have a test light hook up the clip yo the negative on the battery and start probing the wires in each circuit with the key on check the kill switch:D

Back