free website stats program wiring a 7-pin plug on a plantronics 645 headset | Harley Davidson Forums

wiring a 7-pin plug on a plantronics 645 headset

could some one tell me how to wire a 7-pin plug on a plantronic 645 headset i dont want to use the adapters that is talked about on here thanks

Check with electronics part suppliers like Newark, DigiKey or Allied for the proper gender Euro-DIN connector with wire stripped ends (or do it yourself) and look into the Plantronics brochure/model owner's manual for wiring/schematic details. You can use a DMM on lowest ohm/diode check scale to verify continuity (you will hear a small *click* out of the earphone driver if you listen closely if there are "unbroken" connections).:)

what i was looking for was like something simple like for example red goes to pin 1 the white goes to pin2 and the green goes to pin 3 and so on thanks

Sorry, things not that easy as connectors are generally moulded to "last" and wiring though "typically wired standard" per Euro-DIN standards, manufacturers can change it to keep their stuff "proprietary".

But, you can like I stated earlier..."figure it out by using the DMM and carefully disassembling to see color code connection to plug/mate and match up. The *click* and continuity checks that the DMM ohmmeter/continuity checker provides works great...and a good thing to learn.:)

Generally breaks or intermittant connections are at the exact junction where the plug/wire entry point is where flexing can occur. Also modern wiring uses "ribbon wire" or "braided wire" which is very tricky to solder or splice, so you do have a little troubleshooting and tracing to do.

could some one tell me how to wire a 7-pin plug on a plantronic 645 headset i dont want to use the adapters that is talked about on here thanks
tn680s3.jpg

I wouldn't even attempt it personally. Those wires are REALLY tiny in those plugs and once you clip the molded connectors off you are committed. That adapter that I saw on ebay with the 2 connectors was pretty sweet but I can see where I wouldn't want all that exposed stuff hanging out for the world to see either. I have the pinout for the HD plug (in the owners manual schematics) if that would help you but, again, I would only end up trashing a perfectly good headset and due to the size of the conductors in the leads, it would probably give you more grief in the future with busted wires at the connector than it would be worth.
attachment.php

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 102
yes that is the headset i am talking about they make a great headset for harleys i have one that works great but i cant see what wires on the headset goes to what pin on the plug just thought some one on here might of done it before i guess ill have to learn how to use a ohmm meter

With the info from JimHarvey1, a little patience and luck you should be fine. Just hope the wires are reworkable...like I said earlier, wiring can be braided or ribbon with reinforcement thread (even Kevlar/carbon fiber) so it it is simple tech no problem, but high tech may mean you have to rewire a lot more. Good luck and keep us posted on how it is going.:s

Back