free website stats program wiring '85 softail | Harley Davidson Forums

wiring '85 softail

randy48

Banned
I have an '85 Softail I replaced the tranny in. I got in a hurry and did not label the wires when I took it apart. I've looked at several wiring diagrams and get lost QUICK! I am hoping someone can tell me what connects to what, Thanks!

BATTERY

SOLENOID

RELAY

STARTER

I have an '85 Softail I replaced the tranny in. I got in a hurry and did not label the wires when I took it apart. I've looked at several wiring diagrams and get lost QUICK! I am hoping someone can tell me what connects to what, Thanks!

BATTERY

SOLENOID

RELAY

STARTER

Welcome to The Forum Harley Davidson Community try here first:wce:rider

Thanks Jack, but like I said, I've looked at diagrams and for me they don't help. What I need is something like this:

Negative battery to ground
Positive battery to ...
Long post on solenoid to ...
Starter to ...

I get looking at all that (edit) in a schematic and get looking at the bike and forget it. I guess I should have mentioned the idiot I bought the bike from had the whole (EDIT)
bike (EDIT)
up, wires clipped out of the bars for the turn signals, emergency stop, brakes, etc. put the clutch hub in without the key in right and broke it, oil lines run wrong, ... And all that was wrong with it when I bought it - it needed a new battery :bigsmiley31:

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL the word C-R-A-P is against the rules here?

Let's see, this word is heard daily on the Disney TV channel
There is a Brand of sunglasses that goes by this name

As there is no one here any smarter than myself at solving this problem, several of which cannot even read, I don't think I'll be back!

Back