free website stats program Wire harness going into the ECM | Harley Davidson Forums

Wire harness going into the ECM

Scrounger

Question for some of the HD wrenches. I'm installing a PCV on a 2010 Limited project bike and I'm a bit stumped on the directions. Pictures and directions say to connect the PCV to the ECM and the bike connection to the PCV and tuck it in the space in front of the battery.

Pretty simple, but to do that, you have to bend that thick honking wire harness connection 180 degrees, which I wonder if that is good or bad for it.

Anyone put one on a new Limited yet.

the PC3 was the same on my 08 it was a pain and barley fit i didnt like the install on it at all..

do you have abs? if not ya might be able to fit it under the right side frame cover without all the bending

Bud the Limited has ABS as standard. No room at all on the right side or the left for that matter. It also seems to have more stuff / wires in front of the battery.

Basically you have to do some serious manipulating to get it down in a very small space enough for the seat to go back on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt,

I've installed PCV's on two 09 baggers and I just velcro'd the PCV to the top of the ECM, the harness bends slightly but not too bad. The autotunes needed to be tucked down in that mess but the harnesses are much smaller and more flexible. Another thing I did was I used electrical tape to tape over all of the open ports to keep moisture out....didn't think it would hurt anything. good luck

It got installed but it was a real pain to get the seat back on. The issue was getting more of the harness into the cavity in front of the battery. Still not the way I'd like it but until I can see another install that is done better, it will have to do.

Back