free website stats program Winterizing | Harley Davidson Forums

Winterizing

Artie640

I have a 2006 Heritage Softail that I bought last spring. I want to put it away for the winter. I plan on changing the oil and filter and putting fuel stabizer in gas tank. It will be in my garage untill spring, is there any thing else I should do?

I have a 2006 Heritage Softail that I bought last spring. I want to put it away for the winter. I plan on changing the oil and filter and putting fuel stabizer in gas tank. It will be in my garage untill spring, is there any thing else I should do?

Welcome to The Forum, dbmg and Iceman 24 have given you good info from the self help section:ws:rider

Does leaving a bike jacked up over the winter month cause any damage to the front end seals or am I just paronoid :)

I have never had a problem, YET. Of course during the winter months I am always fooling with it (cleaning, inspecting, etc.) so it is on and off the jack all the time.

Might be a good idea to do the "complete" oil change to get all the old oil out of the engine for winter. Good write up in the self-help section.

Back