Winterizing

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Artie640, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Artie640

Artie640 New Member

I have a 2006 Heritage Softail that I bought last spring. I want to put it away for the winter. I plan on changing the oil and filter and putting fuel stabizer in gas tank. It will be in my garage untill spring, is there any thing else I should do?

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Artie640; welcome to the forum & I believe you're looking for this information:

Harley Davidson Community

Sad to have riding season coming to a close, but our days are numbered here in NE too...

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Welcome to The Forum, dbmg and Iceman 24 have given you good info from the self help section:ws:rider

5. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

In addition I jack mine up and put a cover over it. It is in my garage also.

6. dangerdan

dangerdan Junior Member

Does leaving a bike jacked up over the winter month cause any damage to the front end seals or am I just paronoid :)

7. speedyron

speedyron Active Member

Welcome to forum. make more post so u can download manuals and post pics and such

8. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

I have never had a problem, YET. Of course during the winter months I am always fooling with it (cleaning, inspecting, etc.) so it is on and off the jack all the time.

9. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

Might be a good idea to do the "complete" oil change to get all the old oil out of the engine for winter. Good write up in the self-help section.

10. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

It is a Northern Thing:s