free website stats program winterized and still riding | Harley Davidson Forums

winterized and still riding

hdrocks

couple of weeks back, weather here got really cold so decided to winterize, new synthetic oil and spectro, full tank with stabilizer, cleaned, and S1000 all over the place, etc.. Then, of course, next Sat, the weather was perfect and had to take her out. It would've been a crime if I didn't. On the way home, I just filled up the tank and put a bit more stabilizer. Yesterday, did it again (put in about 70 miles). still covered with S1000 so kind of messy. I plan to ride weather permitting and make sure the tank is full on return. What do you guys think?

To early to winterize, keep the tank full and bike ready to go, if a decent day comes along go for a ride. :D

yap, i think i will take her out weather permitting and come back with a full tank with stabilizer, just in case the snow comes the next day. i know it's better to keep a clean oil over the winter but i will probably do at most 200/300 miles till i can not take her out anymore.

yap, i think i will take her out weather permitting and come back with a full tank with stabilizer, just in case the snow comes the next day. i know it's better to keep a clean oil over the winter but i will probably do at most 200/300 miles till i can not take her out anymore.

have ya got the S1000 off of her yet!!?

I live in southern Ohio, but I never winterize because there are always days above freezing that the sun shines that you can ride.

Most things on pipes will bake on when they get hot from running. You may get a surprise when it comes time to remove it.

Back