free website stats program Winter storage | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter storage

I was always told not to run your bike once It has been winterized. It only induces moisture in the system and acid in the oil.
If you follow the advice of 25 miles you will have no problem. Otherwise do not start bike till Spring.

Fog the cylinders, stuff the exhaust with some steel wool, the way the new bikes oil pans are set up I see no reason to change the oil til spring unless you have a softail I would pinch off the oil lines IMO the best place for the battery is inside the house where it can stay warm

Before she had her own garage, I used a very large plastic bag that was designed just for this purpose, and 20 pounds of air-dryer, sealed the bag, and wait for spring!!:p:D

I was always told not to run your bike once It has been winterized. It only induces moister in the system and acid in the oil.
If u run the bike long enough to warm the oil up enough u r good to go, icing up the oil with moisture is a pitfall of winter riding change the oil more often and watch your pressure does not fall

Looks like my riding season will be extended for a while longer too. 70's and 60's for the foreseeable future.

Scraped ice from the car windows two mornings this week car turning white with the salt bike will be staying in the shed and winter wheels on the car at the weekend

Brian

Back