free website stats program Winter Storage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter Storage

Here in Michigan, Sometime in November to late March or April. Like to have most the chloride and sand off the roads. That stuff is vary corrosive and can also be slick.

Work kept me very busy this summer. I kept thinking, i'll get some riding in next month. October hit and the temps started dropping. Probably get her back out in late March or early April. This gives me time to check out the forums again.

I hope I wont have to store it at all. as of yet temps haven't been too bad here. but the raininy weather + cooler temps have caused me to cage it to work.... GRRRR

Honestly (1)day in storage is toooo long for me . But normally late Nov. to early April in north central Ohio or until the weather breaks & the road salt is washed off the roads .

Honestly (1)day in storage is toooo long for me . But normally late Nov. to early April in north central Ohio or until the weather breaks & the road salt is washed off the roads .

Same here.The only months I KNOW I won't be riding are Jan.,Feb.We get the same weather as Ohio,just usually 24 hours sooner.I'm near Chicago.

Same here.The only months I KNOW I won't be riding are Jan.,Feb.We get the same weather as Ohio,just usually 24 hours sooner.I'm near Chicago.

Chicago gets really cold doesn't it? like disrespecting your jacket type cold? even your jacket says "I need a jacket!" lol....

I'm thankful it's not usually too bad here. it was a brisk 29 degrees this morning.

Headquarters of Sears, my former employer :D never been there but I did fly to Niles Illinois to a Sears training center in 1981, in fact I was there the day President Reagan was shot

Didn't know that.They(Sears) used to have a warehouse in the industrial park in Elk Grove.My Mother used to work there.Gigantic place, had 80 docks.Since then Northrop bought it.

Didn't know that.They(Sears) used to have a warehouse in the industrial park in Elk Grove.My Mother used to work there.Gigantic place, had 80 docks.Since then Northrop bought it.

Even Sears could no longer afford the Tower built with their name on it, that had to be a huge shock when they had to sell it off, tho the Hoffman Estates site looks nice:s

Back