Winter Storage

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by 5dollars, Dec 8, 2013.

1. 5dollars

5dollars Member

Well its that time to get the bike ready for the week long Winter Storage, cant wait to get back on the road. Honestly I'm from Texas and we ride year round. What is the average time your bike sits in storage?

2. Lawdog314

Lawdog314 Active Member

November to March/April... :(

3. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Depends on where you live, here in Colorado we can ride during the winter months if you're a hardy sole.

4. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Zero! :s

5. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

Beginning of November to late March or April depending how lousy Mother Nature treats us.

6. 5dollars

5dollars Member

That's a lot of down time. I think you all need to do what the winter tourists do,,get a RV and come on down y'all and ride, ride, ride...

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Here in Florida never, when I lived in Minnesnowta late October to early march

8. stikman

stikman Active Member

I live in northern Illinois and the bike gets put up from December to March depending on the salt on the roads.

9. 5dollars

5dollars Member

Do you all remove the battery or keep a charger on it? Never thought about the salt, that will definitely be corrosive to the bike.

10. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Not a charger!!!!!!!!!!!! A battery tender/maintainer that works automatically. No need to remove battery from bike, and have never done that it 30 years of riding..........