free website stats program Winter Storage | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter Storage

TheJudge

This will be my first winter dealing with a bike. I do not have a garage, and the weather here in Central Pensylvania can be brutally cold and wet one day and 65 degrees the next. I really enjoy riding and want to continue as long as I can, but I am concerned about leaving my Sportster exposed to the wetter weather of Winter.

What can I use for storage? Is a cover enough? Are there any additional steps I should take for cold weather riding (fluid additives, etc)?

Get yourself a good outdoor cover and make sure you have proper fluids for colder weather. Also, recommend getting S100 protectant to spritz on your bike to prevent corrosion and give the tins a good wax.

This is my first winter also and no garage. I've been using a cover since April and that has worked fine. I don't have room to build a garage or storage shed just for the bike so I bought an enclosed trailer. Same cost as buying materials and labor for shed. It is my bike garage and I can use it to haul it for service or vacation.

This will be my first winter dealing with a bike. I do not have a garage, and the weather here in Central Pensylvania can be brutally cold and wet one day and 65 degrees the next. I really enjoy riding and want to continue as long as I can, but I am concerned about leaving my Sportster exposed to the wetter weather of Winter.

What can I use for storage? Is a cover enough? Are there any additional steps I should take for cold weather riding (fluid additives, etc)?

Cold weather riding, you want to ride long enough to get the oil hot enough to burn off the condensation, If you dont plan on riding for a long period best off to change the oil and leave it til spring JMO

Sporty's don't take up much room run it in the house stick it in a corner some were.
Joking but some do read the winter storage post you should be fine.

Smitty - My wife knew someone whose husband did just that. The marriage didn't last long. Not that I didn't think about it.

Thanks for your service, Top.

Back