free website stats program Winter storage | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter storage

hawg1061

My rule is 1st time they salt the roads I put them away,,and I don't take mine out in spring until 3 solid rains wash the salt off the roads. My wife hates this rule!

You would think they could come up with a salt substitute I did ride in Mn a few times in the winter look out for black ice I see Glider is closing in on the magic number go Glider go

My rule is 1st time they salt the roads I put them away,,and I don't take mine out in spring until 3 solid rains wash the salt off the roads. My wife hates this rule!

Here in NE, it's not just the salt...they also use sand which makes it even more important to go w/the 3-rain wash-away rule. Nothing worse than skidding around a curve with a 800lb HD missile.

I remember March 1993 hitting black ice on the way to work in Mn what a rush wow never even saw it

I moved south, now I get to ride all winter long. It gets cold in D.C. but it doesn't snow very often.

I got a nice ride in today. It,s nice when I can sneek in some November rides! It won't be long now and the snow will be everywhere.

Back