free website stats program Winter Storage????? NEED INPUT | Harley Davidson Forums

Winter Storage????? NEED INPUT

trem5150

I have always changed oil before storing my bike for the long winter. However this year I did the 10K service a month ago and have since put about 400 miles on. In your opinions would you drop the oil and and put in FRESH, or am I good with 400 miles??? ALso what is a good battery tender???? I will hang up and listen. THANKS

Of course Glider is right on, and good to see someone was in the same dilemma as myslef. I debated, but planned on leaving it along this time. Just have one quick run to the gas station left and she will be officially put away for the winter, since 28 degrees here in the AM is a bit too cold for a 1 hour ride :(

WAP.gif
To cold? Come on. Lol.

I have always changed oil before storing my bike for the long winter. However this year I did the 10K service a month ago and have since put about 400 miles on. In your opinions would you drop the oil and and put in FRESH, or am I good with 400 miles??? ALso what is a good battery tender???? I will hang up and listen. THANKS

I have one of these on my '03 UC:

Battery Tender Junior

Battery Tender Junior's lightweight, compact size makes it ideal for those hard-to-fit spots. The trickled charger with a brain will assure batteries are maintained after charging and allows ready to go!

• Fully automatic two-stage lead-acid battery charger. Perfect for all lead-acid, sealed maintenance free and gel cell batteries.
  • After reaching peak 14.4 VDC, charger automatically switches to 13.2 VDC float voltage.
  • When voltage drops below 12.6 VDC, charger resumes charging back to 14.4 VDC.
  • Solid state two color LED indicates stage of charger.
  • Spark proof.
  • Reverse polarity protected.
  • 12 ft output cord.
  • 5 year warranty.
12 VDC Models Only

TQ

Of course Glider is right on, and good to see someone was in the same dilemma as myslef. I debated, but planned on leaving it along this time. Just have one quick run to the gas station left and she will be officially put away for the winter, since 28 degrees here in the AM is a bit too cold for a 1 hour ride :(

Keep the faith...we had some nice days last year, around the end of Nov, even had 2 or 3 days in Dec.

Junior tender works great

Back