free website stats program winter start up | Harley Davidson Forums

winter start up

is it hard on our bikes to start them up and let them run for 5 or 10 min. during the winter months once a week or so?I live in canada and cant stand to look at it all the time without hearing it.The '07 fxst is stored in an insulated garage.

Not a good idea. Running them for a few minutes will only cause condensation that will not get burned off (evaporated), and will remain in the oil tank. Also cold starts and prolonged idling are not good. Just quit looking at it until spring, it won't hurt so much.

I agree with Steve, and Smitty...tapes????!!! Nowadays even DVDs/CDs are savoir faire! Nothin' like the real thing baby!!!

Instead of small fan put a big fan and then when it is running you can seat on it, in front of the fan so you feel like your 'in the wind'

Hey Casey, my gal gets a bit irritated when I fire up the bike BEFORE backing it out of the garage...still...Smitty looks INSPIRED riding a bike "rising to nirvana?"...kinda spiritual don't you think??!!!

If you americans had any heart at all ,,you,d give us a couple of your warm states so we could ride 12 months of the year instead of seven. lol

Back